Saturday 7 February 2015

WHAT'S IN MY TRAVEL MAKEUP BAG

I'm heading off to Spain for 5 nights with my Uni, so I thought I'd show you guys what I'll be packing in my travel makeup bag in the hopes that I won't overpack. These are some of my favorites blog posts/videos to read/watch probably because I'm just a little nosy. But anyway, here's what I'm taking.



BASE
As Spain is quite cold at the moment, and my combo skin tends to get more dry bits in the winter, I'm taking one of my favorite hydrating-but-not-greasy bases with me - the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (£9.99). I have the shade 54 as 53 was sold out, so it's a tad darker than my color, but with some blending it looks fine. To go along with that, I'm taking my Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer for under my eyes (£7.99), and the MUFE Full Cover Concealer (£21.00) incase any pesky spots come up. To set all of that down, I'm taking my favorite Soap & Glory's One Heck of a Blot powder (£12.00). I also popped in my mini Benefit Porefessional sample for a primer.

FACE 
I don't wear any bronzer on a daily basis, so I skipped that product, however I do like to give my face some shape with a bit of contour. For that I'm taking the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow (£49.00) which I'm still 'borrowing' from my mom (She hasn't asked for it back yet - shhh). The contour and highlight shades are both gorgeous, as I'm sure you've already heard from every other blogger who's raved about it since it's release. For blush I was going to take my beloved Sleek Pomegranate, but it is quite a strong color, so I opted for a more my more natural Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Blushing Bride (£17.00), which I've only bought recently and need to start using some more. 

EYES
For eyes I wanted to take a thin palette that I can use for any type of look, so of course i opted for the Lorac Pro Palette (£28.00). I've only used it a few times since purchasing it in December, but the colors are so blendable and lovely I'm sure i'll be addicted to it after this trip. Along with eyeshadow, I'm taking my Kat Von D  Tattoo liner (£13.00) which is a dream to work with, a black Topshop Kohl for tight lining (£4.00), and the Tarte Gifted Mascara (£14.00). And of course not to forget my beloved Anastasia Brow Wiz (£15.50) to fill in those sparse areas. It's so skinny and perfect for travel. 

LIPS
My favorite category. I always find this impossibly hard to narrow down and end up taking WAY too many options, but I got it down to 3 this time. First my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey (£7.99) which is a lovely everyday shade. Second, another Revlon Balm Stain in the Matte formula in the shade Shameless for a dark lip option, and finally Topshop's appropriately named Red Lippy (£8.00) for, you guessed it, a red option. I also popped in the Mac lip liner in Cherry (£12.50) as the Topshop lipstick can be a bit slippy and hard to apply neatly. 


I'm sorry a lot of these products can only be found in the US, but I picked up a lot of new stuff when I was on holiday and I'm still excited to be using them all. I hope you enjoyed having a look through my makeup bag, I'd love to know what are some of your essential travel makeup items.

2 comments :