Saturday 21 February 2015

KIKO HAUL + REVIEW

While I was in Barcelona last week, I stumbled across a Kiko store. And of course being my makeup obsessed self, along with four other girls, we had to stop and take a look around (twice). I tried my best to resist the urge to swatch and buy everything, but still came out with a good range of products.


The main thing I wanted to look at going in was their Universal Fit Hydrating Foundation (£6.90). After hearing Lily Pebbles rave about it so much I wanted to try it out myself. I'm glad to say I was not disappointed. I usually have trouble finding foundations with the right undertones in the drug store (I'm quite yellow/olive), but I tried the color 06 Creamy Beige which turned out to be a perfect match for me. I have been wearing it everyday since and I can't get enough. It's light, but covers enough, and doesn't over greasify my combination skin. All of that AND it's inexpensive price? I don't know what could be better.

After perusing around the store I found a few more bits and bobs I wanted to try out. I REALLY wanted their Ace of Diamonds lipstick in the shade 27, but they didn't carry that line, so I opted for their Luscious Cream Creamy Lipstick (£6.90) in 515 Orchid instead. It's a lovely purply pink mauve shade that's very comfortable to wear. Next I got two of their Generation Next Crystal Eyeliners (£6.90) in 02 Technological Brown and 05 Hefty Sapphire. They swatched so vibrantly and all the colors were so beautiful I had to restrain myself to two only. I also took a look at their skincare range and was intrigued by their Mat Fluid Moisturiser (£11.90) so I picked one up to give it a go.

The next day we went into the store again as some of my friends wanted a few more things, so although I wasn't planning it I made a few more purchases. What caught my eye was something I'd missed the first time around - their colored mascaras range. They looked SO vibrant, and I've been on the hunt for a blue one after seeing a specific makeup look, so I got one Super Color Mascara (£5.90) in 07 Sky Blue. It's one of the only mascaras i've tried that's actually true to color once applied - so if you have dark hair like me and want a color that shows up, I definitely suggest giving these a go. And finally, I picked up two of their Nail Lacquers (3.90). I've been like a magpie to shiny things recently, especially when it comes to nailpolishes, so naturally the two I picked up are 511 Metallic Mercury Purple, and 530 Pearly Blue Peacock. I have yet to try them, but my friend has and she says they last a good week without chipping.

Let me know what you've tried from Kiko, and your opinions on their products in general, I'd love to read.

No comments :

Post a Comment